Fire/Lighting safety checks in licensed HMOs

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Fire/Lighting safety checks in licensed HMOs
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Boyd
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi All,
I am interested in the safety checks people carry out in their HMOs and who they get to complete this? I am struggling to find the exact everything I read seems to differ slightly, I canít seem to find a definitive answer. I am in the process of completing on a 7 bed/4 storey licensed HMO. It will be fitted with a new panel alarm system and emergency lightly as per the regulations.

From what I can see Daily, Weekly Quarterly and then a 6 month check for fire alarms and Daily, weekly and 6 monthly for Emergency lighting.

I am interested in who people get to do these checks, especially the daily ones. In other forums cleaners who have been trained have been suggested for the weekly ones but not so sure on who would do daily, I donít plan to visit the property daily and donít imagine any landlord does this. If it is the tenants then how do you get them to do this and also check that it is being done?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated please.
11/01/2016 12:57

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband