Any experiences/ advice on how to do soundproofing due to noisy neighbour

You are here : Member Forums Other Any experiences/ advice on how to do soundproofing due to noisy neighbour
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Landlord Advice Team
52 Posts
6 Thanks
Any experiences/ advice on how to do soundproofing, sound insulation & acoustic reduction due to noisy neighbour?

1 - How effective is soundproofing, sound insulation & acoustic reduction due to noisy neighbour?
2 - How costly?
3 - How easy is it to install?
4 - How much disruption does it cause to install?

I have an ex council property with a long term tenant (over 6 years) that I am keen to keep but struggling to due to noisy neighbour. New neighbour moved into flat I own 3 years ago and she is a Council Tenant (on a secure tenancy). Since then there has been many complaints of ASB (new neighbour suffers with mental issues) and plays music, sings etc after 2/3am several times a week.

I have complained to the housing association and they have ignored me so escalate it to the Ombudsman but in the meanwhile I am considering soundproofing as I need to make my tenant doesn't give me notice and if he does that any future tenant doesn't suffer with the excess noise...

I don't have much hope this vulnerable tenant will be rehoused to supported accommodation.
Do you think soundproofing would be sufficient? Please share your experiences.

Much Appreciated

11/01/2016 13:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband