Can I obtain permitted development ?

You are here : Member Forums Other Can I obtain permitted development ?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
2 Posts
0 Thanks

I have a couple of major problems and don't know how to go forward, I hope someone can give me the appropriate advice or direction.

I ventured into a project for converting a Maisonette into 3 separate flats, obtained planing permission in 2002 and completed 2003. The builder commenced works and when we were approaching completion and applying for final building regs approval, the inspector pointed out that the builder had not called him to inspect for insulation of external walls. The builders response was that he hadn't seen this in the original spec's. The long and short is I had run out of funds with a builder that wasn't going to take responsibility, to carry out the work was going to involve removal of all kitchen and bathroom appliance and additional works would cost in the region of 30K.

At the time I told the inspector my situation and that I was going to rent the flats as they were, his response was he didn't want to know about that. I went on to final fix and completed the flats within a couple of weeks, a month later started to receive Council Tax bills for each Flat.

I thought nothing of it and we are now some 13 years on.

The first problem i have is no certificate of completion for the 3 flats and was wondering a. I can obtain permitted development and if so is this enough to create leases for the purpose of selling the flats individually?

The second major problem is that when I got the mortgage to raise finance I did let the advisor know what I was doing but he proceeded to give me a residential mortgage, I didn't think anything of it at the time. As time has progressed I now understand I am in breach if the lending terms. The mortgage company now knows I am renting as the new council licensing terms are they inform mortgage providers. I am so worried and don't know what to do. Any advice would be welcome.

Look forward to your input.
11/01/2016 22:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband