managing property for father - or lease property from father?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management managing property for father - or lease property from father?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
Ozzy82
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi - i am a new member having just joined today so please bear with me as my knowledge is very basic!

Background - my father is landlord of a property (freehold) which comprises of a shop and two separate flats. The shop is rented out to a tenant, and the two flats are rented out to two different tenants. As my father is getting old (he is 78), he wants to to do the running around, day-to-day managing of the property, collecting rents, sorting out maintenance etc etc

Query - what is the easiest/most economical/tax-efficient way of sorting this out?

1st option - would it be better for me to rent the property from father and then sublet to each of the 3 tenants in situ?
2nd option - can my father add me as an employee on his SA tax return and pay me a salary every month into my bank account
3rd option - suggestions??

Thanks in advance
13/01/2016 10:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions