Condensation Issue

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Condensation Issue
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
GO'R
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant that went away on holiday for 3 weeks over Christmas and left the flat closed up with no heating or ventilation and has come back to a bit of mould on the ceilings and her curtains. I went over immediately to investigate and reminded her that the windows need to be slightly opened on a regular basis, the heating should be constant and that when the washing is hung out in the flat she needs to ensure that there is some kind of air flow to allow the moisture to escape. I also sent her a 14 point link on how to combat condensation and arranged an engineer to come and do a damp inspection.

The engineer arrived yesterday and found no signs of damp and said that it's definitely a condensation issue. He did suggest that it might help to install a Nufaire Cyfan extractor to help with the ventilation.

My tenant is being very aggressive in her correspondence. stating that this is my problem and not hers. She has even demanded that I rehouse her while I sort out the problem.

My question to this forum is how do I tell her that the mould that is growing is due to the way she lives in the flat.

Any help in what to put in the letter would be a big help as I don't want to say the wrong thing.

Thanks
13/01/2016 14:50

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband