Black mould in two rooms

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Black mould in two rooms
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
bini
324 Posts
33 Thanks
Hi

We bought a property which was not well looked after . We worked on it and made everything new from kitchen , bathroom , floors , walls and floor tiles , many windows ( not all ) and upvc cladding , new stair carpets , new handrails etc , done loft insulation and also called people for cavity wall insulation , my tenant moved in end of August 15 , she was moved out from my another 3 bed property where she lived for a year and it was brought in same standard after purchase and no signed of mould or damp , everything was smooth but she was looking for a bigger place so moved in my 4 bed in end of August 15,
Around mid Dec , she phoned my builder as spotted a mould , builder treated it ( it was under the cupboard in the kitchen , underneath the sink) and builder filled it gap , and told her to call him if it reappears ,
12 th Jan , she texted the builder that mould has come back and sorry for leaving it too late for 2 weeks, it was 8:30 at night , builder phoned him and offer to come but she said nothing urgent , so he arranged it for today - Saturdat 9:30 am , apparently builder is saying that he tried to call The lady but she don't pick up the call but she said she waited for him up to 10:30 but there were no signs of him , I was nt even aware of timing but when builder told me about 10:30that she is not responding , I tried to call her but no luck but then I send message on Facebook and I had reply immediately saying sorry I waited all that long , but he didn't come , then start sending me pics and I replied that until we can get acces , we really can't do much but she was on and on for he didn't come and she is so busy and I was saying about the access and told her that whatever time you are back let us know ( by the way builder , I and this property is in 5 min distance ,if not it's less than that ) but she was on about her personal life and in mean time builder was calling her but she don't pick up any calls , she responds to facebook chats only , she was claiming that due to damp and mood in a property , her youngest son has respiratory track infection and was hospitalised during Christmas and she has now chest infection , my reply to that was until we see the reason for the cause of mould we can't do much further , she wasn't much interested in giving access , so then I wrote , next Saturday we need whole day access to property , she was on about what you are going to do whole day ? You want me to go out in this weather and all , in end I was fed up and said look this is my last text - we need access to look after our property , i won't Facebook you , if u need help the pick up the phone , she still sent me message and pic - how my builder treated the mould last time ( which was a picture of outside wall - where he filled it with foam )I didn't respond and in mean time builder took a chance to go near by her house and then she let him in , she agreed with builder about access for next sat but 9/10 times she is out and most prob she will be fussy and won't let us in to sort it out , all I know that she has 4 kids and she is drying all the clot thin on a radiators , when I spotted last time she said okay I will remove it , she has sent me 3 pics and she blames me that I know everything before she moved in ....
It was a coincidence that the property she used to live in , is being vacated on this week so in a good faith , by text I offered her that if you want to move into your old house , you can move by this week end and pay the rent what you use to pay if you are dissatisfied , but her reply was no chance , just want you to sort out mould !
I have never come across this side of her , all I knew at one point she was biding for council house , is that her trick to get something from council ?
I of course want to look after my property and do everything legal , any advice for me please ?

16/01/2016 23:40

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband