Anyone with experience of going DIY with sharing out equitable shares in a property to siblings

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Anyone with experience of going DIY with sharing out equitable shares in a property to siblings
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Maureen_539
1,454 Posts
534 Thanks
Hello colleagues.ive been managing a property for 3 years whilst my family recovered from the emotional turmoil of the death of a much loved mum & adored nana. I'm the executor & one of the beneficiaries. Their is little cash for legal fees so I've done Probate to obtain Title as that was still in our mums name.
Has anyone got experience of the next step of splitting the property 5 ways. I've looked at the Forms to do this on the Land Registry website & it looks straightforward enough.....

I consulted a solicitor for advice & was treated as a 'cash cow ready for milking' needing to jump through expensive hoops to just obtain Probate. The affordable way was the DIY route as the DHSS had every penny whilst the LA had the rent the property realised per year to pay off the loan. Now they want the outstanding debt re-paid pronto.

Facts please would be useful, from the folk who've gone down the same route. The house is a modest terrace, so can't afford to splash out on expensive legal service.

Thanks in advance for your time.

18/01/2016 17:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband