Selling Property with tenants

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Selling Property with tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Miss Minnie
9 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi All

Looking for some assistance. I rented my flat out back in 2012 as I couldn't sell it for the price I wanted. Tenants have been in place since then and absolutely no issues at all.

I let them know that I would be selling the flat once price gets to the level I'm looking for and today accepted an offer from an investor whom has offered a great price and would like to keep the existing tenants in place.

Please excuse my questions but what do I need to do as never been a landlord before. I'm sure the Solicitors will sort out things but just would like to know for my own knowledge. The new owner will take on the existing tenants at the same monthly rent etc but do I need to give my tenants any kind of notice? They're not moving out and I'm assuming the new owner will just take over the landlord duties. So I don't think I need to serve the section 21.

What happens to their deposit (it's currently with DPS)?

Anything else I need to consider to ensure I don't get anything wrong.

Thanks all
18/01/2016 20:39

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband