Rent charge and HMCC securities ltd.

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Rent charge and HMCC securities ltd.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Member. Holly Jones
6 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi does anyone know of this company? I own a house which I rent out in Fallowfield. When I bought it I do recall now being told there was a nominal charge but it had never been collected in anyones memory and never would be so not to worry. That was in 2006. Now in 2016 my mortgage lender wrote to me saying this company HMCC securities ltd had told them I owed them 128. And it would come off my mortgage payments!
I had never had any contact with HMCC until this happened this year. They emailed me copies of previous letters but they had gone to the rented property and never passed onto me.
The rent charge...what is one of these? Is 3.50 per year and they have slapped on 100 in charges!
They have been quite rude to me in the exchange of emails . Can anyone advise me what to do?
Many thanks!
19/01/2016 22:15

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband