Section 21 notice and Deposit certificate error

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 notice and Deposit certificate error
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
BB3
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello,

I served a section 21 notice in September '15 to my tenant but my agent had accidentally put the wrong figure on the deposit certificate at the start of the tenancy. This was corrected in November '15 and the new certificate sent to the tenant. When the tenant put in his defence to the court, he sent in the certificate with the wrong amount on it even though we have proof that he'd already received the corrected version and the judge has called a hearing based purely on why the deposit amounts differ from the tenancy agreement to the deposit certificate.

Does anyone have experience of whether the judge is likely to allow my new corrected deposit certificate even though it was sent to the tenant 2 months after the original section 21 notice was issued but before the court evidence was due...?

Many thanks
21/01/2016 23:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband