Tenant wants to leave but council will not give her accommodation.

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Tenant wants to leave but council will not give her accommodation.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jedi
32 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who has been in my property since July 2002.She is a good tenant.
She is now living alone in a four bedroom house and so wants to move into cheaper council accomodation.
The latest tenancy agreement was started on the 26th of April 2008 and I served her with a section 21b notice which ends on the day after the tenancy is due to end which is the 25th of October 2008.

I have given her a good reference when the council wrote to me but she has been placed in band 5 which means she will be waiting for a long time.

Can I issue a section 21a notice now which gives the tenant two months notice to vacate.

Will this mean that the council must find her some accomodation as she is desperate to move out.

I have other tenants wishing to move in and the present tenant who wants to move out but needs the council to find her accomodation.

Thank You for any help.

24/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband