Join the Residential Landlords Association

Water damage

You are here : Member Forums Other Water damage
Brevity
Brevity
3 Posts
0 Thanks

We rent out a terrace house and our Neighbour had a leaking roof recently and the leak has led to water damage on the partition wall and our ceiling. There is no doubt that there was a hole in their roof where a gasket pipe came through the roof (photographic evidence) and as a result of showing them the roof via ladder and photos they had it repaired and the water ingress stopped and the wall and ceiling dried out. However the deal with the Neighbour was that the roofer was to take photos once the pipe gasket was replaced and roof repaired but Neighbour said roofer did not do this? Further more they then started to claim there was no evidence of water ingress in their roof (but did not take photos!) due to pipe/faulty gasket and despite photo showing whole in roof and the fact once repaired the water ingress and resulting damage ceased that they will not repair the water damage caused by their leaking roof? What is my legal position and how can I enforce any rights I might have? Please advise me the best next steps to take? We have house insurance but at this point did not contact them as until this point the neighbour accepted responsibility but have suddenly changed their story. I have all the email exchanges as proof of what occurred and the photos.

Kind regards
Jeremy

04/12/2019 08:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions