Evicting Tenants with Mental Health Issues

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Evicting Tenants with Mental Health Issues
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
SLR
23 Posts
2 Thanks
I have a long term tenant in an HMO under a AST. He recently suffered a health scare that has developed into progressive mental health issues. He has assaulted one of the female tenants, she didnít inform the police but I have advised her to do so now. His three fellow tenants have asked the local health authority to step-in and for his own wellbeing for him to be sectioned. While he has been a good tenant and gets on well with the household I and the other tenants (young females) are concerned that his actions may escalate. I feel that I need to evict him for the safety of the other tenants. I have asked the health authority for advice as to the effect that it will have on his mental health and agreed with the other tenants to wait for this advice before trying to evict him. However, can you tell me if there are any special considerations that I should take into account; is it the standard process that I should follow; can I if he is a danger to others expedite matters? I have heard that I could seek a high court writ quickly.
23/01/2016 15:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband