6 month Tenancy from 1/10/15 - EPC and Gas Safety not given??

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 6 month Tenancy from 1/10/15 - EPC and Gas Safety not given??
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Richard F
10 Posts
2 Thanks
Hi,

My agents created a new 6 month tenancy with 3 tenants starting 1/10/15 and I now want to give 2 months, (plus a few days), notice that I require possession in early April.

However, my agents dont have proof that they gave the tenants the EPC, Gas Safety Certificate, and How To Rent documents.. this doesnt mean they definitely didnt give them, but I am dubious, so I dont think I currently have the right to use a Sec 21 Notice.

I am fairly sure that I wont be able to get them to sign any document to confirm receipt at this stage, so
I intend to provide the documents by email to each tenant, and to deliver 3 sets to the flat itself, in envelopes addressed to each tenant, which I will photograph. This has usually been sufficient proof for a judge as evidence of a suitably served Sec 21, so I am thinking it will be suitable to prove delivery of these documents.

How long after they have been given the documents will it be OK to serve the Sec 21 Notice?

Hope this makes sense,

Many Thanks,

Richard
30/01/2016 00:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband