Evicting to sell due to expensive repaire

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Evicting to sell due to expensive repaire
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Ben 29
37 Posts
1 Thanks
Hello everyone

Sorry if this has been covered before by others but I have a house that is causing me headache and has bad tenants.

Recently the wiring has been chewed by mice and has caused considerable damage, Also work needs doing to a wall in the garden which is quite old and needs rebuilding. The estimated cost for the wall and rewire among other things is around 5k bad the house is not in an area that is as nice as I originally thought. I'm hoping to sell at auction ASAP and cut my losses as I'm not willing to invest more money into the property when it's nearly worth what I paid for it now. They say 20% of your business gives you 80% of your problems and that is true with this house.

What I need to know is if I issue a section 21, Where do I stand if the tenant complains about the maintenance is sure or says they've been injured by the wall/electrics as they will do everything they can to probably get money out of me anyway they can. Obviously they'll have 2 months still in the house after the sec21 has been served.

Ben
31/01/2016 19:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband