Seepage of water in basement flat from next door house

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Seepage of water in basement flat from next door house
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Dev_292
22 Posts
0 Thanks
I have been experiencing damp problems in my basement flat for some time. I had the insurance company out to do a trace and access on underground pipes which were found to be clear but a leaky bath was found to be the cause of some of the damp on the ground (this has now been fixed). Pooling on the floor in another room was also coming and going and now that the contractors have found the pooling to have returned, have taken out some of the tanking in the party wall only to find a pond of water at ground level seemingly seeping from above. The problem is that next door has no basement flat so there is just earth there and an examination of the walls of next door's 1st floor flat found them to be only slightly damp but not enough to cause the amount of water coming into my basement.

I am in a quandary as how to resolve this issue as no amount of professional experts seem to be able to trace the source of this water. Until the source is removed or remedied, I am unable to re-decorate the flat or let it out.

Any helpful comments or insight welcome!
03/02/2016 20:37

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband