Council tax obligation

You are here : Member Forums Other Council tax obligation
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
Wowzer66
1 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant's assured shorthold tenancy agreement expired at the end of December & we agreed a rolling month by month arrangement as she was unsure of her plans. We agreed to end her tenancy on 30th January & she gave me her notice 2 weeks prior (even though there was an official months notice period required)& she paid rent up until this date. However, she moved out one week prior to this date and I am being billed by the council for full council tax from 23rd January, not the 30th . We did not have her keys returned to us till 30th January as she was still going to the property to remove some items & clean. I have disputed the council tax bill with the council, but they are saying that we are liable for paying the council tax after her assured fixed term tenancy agreement expired, regardless of being on a rolling month by month agreement & being liable to pay us rent. They said that she would be responsible for the council tax bill ONLY if she is in an assured, fixed term rental agreement with us; rolling month by month contracts do not count. What can I do about this? It's Stoke on Trent Council.
05/02/2016 13:17

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband