Investment opportunity in Salford & maybe elsewhere in UK?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Investment opportunity in Salford & maybe elsewhere in UK?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Maureen_539
1,162 Posts
411 Thanks
Colleagues. Quite by chance I learned y/day that LA's have to produce a 5 year plan identifying sites suitable for New Builds to address the shortage of housing.
Curious, I delved a bit further & discovered Salfords' Plan to sell off land to developers[ Barretts & PEEL Holdings] for such a strategy. In total 10.5 thousand NEW houses to be built in fact & new schools. Maps show where each site is. For commercial interests this news is dynamite. Boom-time in other words!

RHS has taken the initiative & has plans for a £100 Million Garden/ Leisure development in Worsley [by 2019] where 3 m/ways converge. That biggie name will entice more to follow suit to bring more employment, more investment & new transport hubs.
Derelict Land & drab, tired houses in Salford will attract a premium price when the news is in the public domain. Is this why private landlords are being drummed out of service?
Instead will Holding companies hold sway over thousands of properties? What 'sweetners' will they be offered to commit £millions to each area. There is talk of grants to help pay for new 'transport' hubs to reach across the City....what else will be offered when the Gov seems to be squeezing private landlords to put them 'offside'.
We've mistakenly thought that the GOV shouldn't be so harsh with much needed private Landlords.
Perhaps the Gov intends to jump into bed with the very largest developers in the UK?

Could be worth trying to find out what your own LA's 5 year Plan for NEW Builds is.
Each LA must have one.

Sorry if this is general knowledge out there & it's only me that didn't know.
10/02/2016 10:26

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband