Sharks out again on websites

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Sharks out again on websites
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Maureen_539
1,050 Posts
358 Thanks
I've got paid ads up on spareroom for vacancies for rooms in shared houses.
Again, I've had replies from persons purporting to be hotly interested in same-can they view.
The clue that they are not altogether kosher is they want a long-term let on a guaranteed rent basis for between 3- 5 years.

The messages are generic, they all look similar & refer 'your property' when obviously i'm advertising just ONE room in each
I replied to one suggesting they stop the pretence & trade transparently in the Finance world because they are trying to entice landlords into a dodgy arrangement of 'get 'em in & pile 'em high' in each of the properties they take over. Surprisingly one of the scammers replied to abjectly apologise & he thought quite innocently 'it was 'ok' to trade in this way to reel in accidental landlords'. Oh, is there no depths these sharks will sink to?

Want to make a fast buck off anybody's property. I've had experience of how these charlatans work & if we think that Agents are sharks, then these 'middlemen' are the Orca's in this particular ocean.

For the benefit of newbies; Landlords are persuaded to let to say a 'business partnership' on a long-lease. They look out for drab properties & absent landlords who are pleased to offload.
The partnership change the property to house more adults than the LL ever envisaged. H&S out the window, Licence conditions out of the window, extra wear & tear not covered by the discounted rent demanded at the 9th hour by the partnership.

LL horrified by condition & alterations made to each room when they take it back after the fixed term ends.YES,they've had a guaranteed rent for 3-5 years..from a 'flop house' set-up that they had no idea about. Two bedrooms..house split into 4 bedrooms, 3 beds house split into 6 bedrooms,etc. Pile 'em in , stack 'em high scenario.

Overseas, newbies, or absent landlords are akin to the shoals of fish preyed on. Large terraced sturdy houses just outside CC's as mine are & sat near major M/w junctions , are similar to the red 'chub' in the water that attracts the sharp-finned predators.

Be warned that 'all that glitters, isn't gold' even if it's a 3-5 yr contract being waved in front of you.
This member has been thanked by 2 members for this post.
11/02/2016 10:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband