Should agency tell dos tenant now periodic

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Should agency tell dos tenant now periodic
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Teresa Cooper
37 Posts
6 Thanks
Hi,

My agent had registered my ex tenants deposit with the DPS. When the tenancy rolled over to a periodic tenancy thr DPS was not informed by my agent. My tenant has left and I filled in a Deposit Release Form, the agency sent me, stating how much I wanted to deduct from the deposit.

The tenant is not happy, even though the check out inventory fully supports my claim, and wanted to raise a dispute via the DPS scheme.. I have just received a letter from his solicitor telling me the deposit is not protected and I have to pay him his deposit back plus costs.

The agency had not informed the DPS that the tendency had rolled over to a periodic tenancy and has fallen out of the deposit protection scheme. My question is, was it the agencys responsibility to tell the DPS about the periodic tenancy being as they have the deposit and account with them.

Regards.

14/02/2016 06:54

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband