"scrapyard" in property yard, commercial signage, tenant delaing car parts from property

You are here : Member Forums Other "scrapyard" in property yard, commercial signage, tenant delaing car parts from property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,
I was alerted to my tenant filling the yard with what looks like scrap/car parts, which we have been and photographed. Also, a friend rang one of their numbers to order some car parts so we have evidence that they are selling from the address.
We issued a 7 day notice for the yard to be cleared out and had a vague explanation from the tenant re'mock' cctv cameras and the parts. Not been cleared.
The tenants are also in arrears - 3 months as their benefits have been been suspended. The LHA team are awaiting inland revenue info that the tenant is stalling in provided. In regard to this, the tenant tells me the family are living off child benefit money - they have 4 kids, but that is not a lot of money to live on.
Considering it looks like the tenants are not going to provide the info to LHA team, and so there will be no backdated LHA to me; and they have breached their tenancy with steptoes yard, what is my best course of action?
15/02/2016 10:57

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband