Tenant Notice in Writing?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Tenant Notice in Writing?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Kanny989
72 Posts
0 Thanks
I have tenants who have said that they sent a text a month ago to give notice (which I didnt receive). The tenancy had come to the end of the 6 months but as I was happy with them was going to let it revert to periodic but they state that as they had come to the end of their 6 months they were not required to give notice? They have obviously found something else to move into.

I have just read through the tenancy agreement they signed and cannot find anything that says they are required to give notice in writing. I didnt use the RLA agreement (I do now) however, I have just read through that too and although it says they are required to give one months notice it doesnt say that the notice has to be in writing!

Can anyone clear this up for me.... is there a 'assumption' that the notice should be in writing?

I need assistance as the deposit was paid into the DPS and I want to keep the deposit as rent for the month that they didnt give notice for.

Thanks

09/02/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband