Join the Residential Landlords Association

CP12

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance CP12
Paul Harmsworth
Paul Harmsworth
8 Posts
0 Thanks

Tenant has made many excuses for declining access requests for six months with a variaty of excuses, none of which i believe to be true. The CP12 is now overdue and tenant's latest excuse is that the meter won't allow him to add money and his supplier has told him his meter needs to be replaced.
I called Utilita and he has not been in touch with them since October when there was some form of loan/arrears amounting to £250. I assume this to be the underlying reason for his not having any gas - unless of course he has managed to bypass the meter!
If I eventually gain access then my gas engineer won't be able to test the system without a gas supply.
Can you advise please what I should do? I am not inclined to evict as the property is in a poor area and it would be difficult to sell it in the presenmt market. Meantime the rent is being paid by Universal Credit direct payment and although there are substantial rent arrears I'm better off leaving the tenant in situ rather than eviction and new tenant.

04/01/2020 10:36

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions