Tenant turned bad since universal credit was introduced

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Tenant turned bad since universal credit was introduced
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mickfazak
22 Posts
2 Thanks
My tenant,since going on to universal credit has decided to keep the money instead of paying his rent.He has also been getting advice from the homeless charity Shelter.I am struggling to cover the mortgage after him not paying for 4 months and I told him a repossession is immenent,I served the notice and told him he would be better just leaving rather than being removed from the property by the bank if the repossession goes ahead.He doesn't understand the difference between repossession and eviction,so after speaking to his solicitor at Shelter he told me he was advised to stay because it was an illegal repossession which was taking place! I informed him it wasn't a repossession that was taking place but because he is not the sharpest tool in the box,that statement was met with total confusion.
28/02/2016 13:10

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband