Agents serving notice to my tenants.

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Agents serving notice to my tenants.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Yvette
Yvette
33 Posts
3 Thanks
I have today been advised by the tenant that the `Agent` has sent a letter to them, unbeknown to me, serving notice. Giving them 2 months and stating they need to vacate the property on 27th April , "as requested by landlord", this is not true... I have not asked the agents to serve notice to my tenants but I did give the agents notice to end my contract with them & said I do not want them to manage the property on my behalf and that I will be managing it myself as of the current AST expiry date, being 27th April. I intend to renew using RLA AST. I had no knowledge of the agents sending this letter, which has annoyed me. Please advise my legal position and next course of action. My tenants are a professional young family who I would like to keep and although I have explained to them that I will be managing the property after 27th April, they were not expecting this! Have the agents acted appropriately?
29/02/2016 20:02

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions