Agents serving notice to my tenants.

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Agents serving notice to my tenants.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Yvette
33 Posts
3 Thanks
I have today been advised by the tenant that the `Agent` has sent a letter to them, unbeknown to me, serving notice. Giving them 2 months and stating they need to vacate the property on 27th April , "as requested by landlord", this is not true... I have not asked the agents to serve notice to my tenants but I did give the agents notice to end my contract with them & said I do not want them to manage the property on my behalf and that I will be managing it myself as of the current AST expiry date, being 27th April. I intend to renew using RLA AST. I had no knowledge of the agents sending this letter, which has annoyed me. Please advise my legal position and next course of action. My tenants are a professional young family who I would like to keep and although I have explained to them that I will be managing the property after 27th April, they were not expecting this! Have the agents acted appropriately?
29/02/2016 20:02

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband