Join the Residential Landlords Association

Landlords gas check certificate

You are here : Member Forums Other Landlords gas check certificate
graeme grace
graeme grace
3 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi, as a landlord I recently had my annual gas safety check completed and received the certificate. It was requested within the two month grace period. Please see copied advice below.
"Annual gas safety checks To make sure that any gas appliances and flues provided for tenants are safe for continued use. Landlords must arrange for them to be checked for safety every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. In Great Britain, new regulations introduced in April 2018 allow a landlord to arrange for a gas safety check to be carried out any time from 10 – 12 calendar months after the previous check whilst still preserving the original check expiry date. Where a gas safety check is carried out less than 10 months or more than 12 months after the previous gas safety check this will have the effect of ‘resetting the clock’ and the new deadline date will now be 12 months from the date of this latest gas safety check."
I used British Gas but when they delivered the certificate its dated from the date of the gas safety check. When I spoke to a British gas agent and then an agent they said they do not follow this rule. MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE ELSE COME ACROSS THIS PROBLEM WITH BRITISH GAS or is it a common issue.

07/01/2020 18:46

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions