Gas fire URGENT advice for repair/service

You are here : Member Forums Other Gas fire URGENT advice for repair/service
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
KP
3 Posts
0 Thanks
We are about to sell our property and need a gas safety certificate for all gas appliances including the Legend Spirit Turbo Gas fire.

The fan on the fire started up all by itself last week and one engineer said the circuit board was fried and needed replacing - he just took out the fuse to stop it running, but another engineer from the same company has since said he needs to contact Legend to ask what to do to fix it and suggested it might just need a service. Another company said they couldn't repair or replace it as it has an external flue.

We are supposed to exchange in 3 weeks but it won't happen without the safety cert and I would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on what I should do to get it working properly asap so I can get a safety cert arranged. Any suggestions of local engineers that might help - the property is in Northwich, Cheshire.

Many thanks
KP
01/03/2016 21:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband