Sewage coming in to my basement flat from next door.

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Sewage coming in to my basement flat from next door.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Dev_292
22 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

This may be a legal question so any comments welcome. I posted recently regarding water coming into my basement flat from next door. The builders have been trying to get to the bottom of it but next door's landlord, whilst they have power-hosed their gullies (found to be full of grease), they have refused to do a drain survey even thought the smell of the escaped water in my flat is a mix of sewage and grey water. They say the pipes are all on the other side of their property to mine but I doubt she is aware what is going on underground. They do not have a basement so my basement flat is below their ground floor level.

Does the landlord next door have a legal obligation to trace the cause of a leak and do a drain survey? If not, can I force them to take a survey and have I any right to go after them for losses incurred? I am trying to resolve this amicably but the longer this goes on, the more loss of rent I am incurring not to mention spiraling builders costs.

Thanks
03/03/2016 10:30

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband