Tenants leaving early - complaints

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenants leaving early - complaints
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Tom-newcastle
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Anyone know where I stand legally with regard to deposit and first months rent?

Couple signed AST furnished house for 6 months starting yesterday. On arrival they complained about 'disgusting' oven, greasy extractor, slight rust on fridge and they'd asked for the current bed to be moved as they had their own but unbeknown to me the dust under removed bed hadn't been cleaned up. In addition the inventory had inaccuracies however I thought the point of the inventory was to mutually agree house condition and can give them 14 days to complete.

With regard to cleanliness the house was in our opinion clean. I apologised to new tenants and said I could get a company in next day to clean whole property including anything they drew our attention to.

The tenants said they just want to terminate the contract and get their money back. They paid deposit (1 month rent) and their first months rent. They say they've lost all faith in the management and refuse to move in due to state and inaccuracies of inventory. I'm meeting them this morning, where they want to give me back keys. The house is in good repair, and act on any repairs immediately in the past.

Deposit is in tds.
What's best course of action?
05/03/2016 07:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband