Residential Landlords Association or Residential Letting Agents club?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Residential Landlords Association or Residential Letting Agents club?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nicest landlord
399 Posts
100 Thanks
I went on an RLA course yesterday about repairs. The content was ok. I certainly learned a few things. What surprised me was that it was presented by a letting agent to a roomful of letting agents. Some of them are landlords as well (including presenter). But the emphasis was very much on how to make an easy life for agents. As a landlord I felt out of place.
I know RLA has grown a lot. But I think we need to recognise that landlords and agents have very different agendas. What I want from RLA is a space where in this forum and at training events I am learning from other landlords. I am really not interested in meeting letting agents. It really is a great disappointment to go to an RLA event and find that I am the only landlord there who manages my properties not running a business trying to manage them for other landlords. The biggest benefit for me of RLA events in the past was always networking with landlords. Not this time...
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
09/03/2016 10:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband