Serving section 8 - notice periods before action can be commenced

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Serving section 8 - notice periods before action can be commenced
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Millet
95 Posts
6 Thanks
I am wanting to serve Section 8 notice on a Tenant. The grounds I am wanting to include are grounds 11,12,14 and 17.
Reading the notes under "Give the earliest date on which Court proceedings can commence" - it appears that although under ground 14 (with or without other grounds), Court action can commence on the day of serving the Section 8 - it also says that using grounds 3,4,8,10-13,14A,15 or 17 Court proceedings cannot begin earlier that 2 weeks after service of the Section 8.
I want to proceed as quickly as possible - ground 14 involves threatening and abusive behaviour toward Landlord and other Tenants (one female tenant threatened with having her face smashed in)so Which takes precedence? If including other grounds would delay, is it better to use ONLY ground 14 initially - as it states in the notes that the Court MAY allow other grounds to be added at a later date, or is that a risky strategy and better to wait out the 2 weeks?
12/03/2016 11:38

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband