Recovery of over payments

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Recovery of over payments
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a letter from Housing benifit stating that I have been overpaid 1200 for a tenant who was claiming benefit.
HB gave no explaination as to why the benefit should have been stopped, just that they had investigated the tenant.

The tenant had been in the property for over a year

To my knowlege, the tenant was originally paying the rent herself , as she was working.
She then was out of work and applied to the housing authority for benefit. This she eventually recieved and i was paid directly.

During the tenancy I did receive complaints of her playing the TV to loud during the day. I called round, she was in, and we agreed to have more consideration.

In October she contacted me to finish her tenancy

The tenant gave notice of termination of tenancy ,I visited to check the house, then paid her back the Bond .

HB state I cannot appeal against the overpayment , but can appeal against the payment.

I had no knowledge of her circumstances changing

Have you any advice on what i should put in the appeal letter

06/12/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page