Tenant gives immediate notice after 2 months in AST

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant gives immediate notice after 2 months in AST
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Lawrence
6 Posts
0 Thanks
This surely is about letting to EU renters - there appears no security to landlords from the AST in the event of the tenant quitting. I said I want one month's notice. See the email below:

Dear Lettings Agency,
I am writting this email because i have to move out from 32F Clapham road. Unfortunatelly i have to come back to my contry due to family reasons. I know the agreement is for at least 6 months and I do understand consequences of cancellation. The date i am leaving is 23th of march. I will bring the keys and sort out all paperwork at 23th of march. What do i need to bring at that day to cancell this agreement?

This would mean that any tenant can do this, but can they?

Next I have decided to sell the studio, while it is on the market, would it be unreasonable to mention that the council tax should be paid by the tenant until the property is sold - the AST would expire in July.

25/03/2016 11:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband