Section 21 following maintenance issues

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 following maintenance issues
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Lizbet
85 Posts
2 Thanks
I manage a property for a Landlord who had an empty property grant in order to renovate the property. He hasn't visited the property in 3 years that I have managed it and it has always been difficult to get reply from him regarding any issues. In fact the Landlord barely finished the property and the tenant put her own carpet down so that she could move in.

At Christmas it became obvious that the roof would need replacing as it had a number of serious leaks. The Landlords had been aware of the situation for a while.

When the Landlord viewed the repaired roof he was disgusted byt the condition that the tenant was living in. I'll admit that she isn't the cleanest of tenants however, I don't believe that its my position to judge as long as the fabric of the property is not damaged. She pays her rent on time, has put up with a lot of half finished jobs and is a hard working hones person.

The Landlord has now told me to evict her, I've told him that we cant serve a section 21 for 6 months of a maintenance issue. He has now said that he is going to move into the property so needs it for his own needs.

I'm not sure what I should do, I feel responsible for the tenant and not sympathetic at all towards the Landlord.

Any thoughts?
04/04/2016 13:46

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband