Is an AST invalid without the Landlord's own signature?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Is an AST invalid without the Landlord's own signature?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Richie
92 Posts
3 Thanks
Another apparent non-problem has been thrown up as part of my application for a Mortgage Express portfolio lending plan.

They insist that ALL of my ASTs for properties to be included in the plan MUST have my signature as landlord. ALL of them have my own name and address as landlord.

However some of them have my assistantís signature (as PP for me) when she took deposits, handed over keys and did the check-ins etc (this is mainly for student-let properties, which was the area that I hired her to help me with).

I tried to argue that the AST is every bit as binding on me as Landlord with her signature as it would be with mine, and that I have accepted numerous mortgages from MX even thought the CEOís signature does not appear on any of them.

And what about the thousands of ASTs out there that have been signed by letting agents? Are they not valid?

Many thanks for your kind advice!

18/02/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband