Cancellation Charges from Management Company

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Cancellation Charges from Management Company
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
DMac
3 Posts
0 Thanks
If someone has experience and could give me some advice please.

I have inherited a house from my partner who passed away last year from cancer. The house went in to probate and after the courts had finished their bits and pieces I became the legal owner October 2015. My partner had taken out a managed tenant service with a local estate agents. This was costing £100 per month.

After researching the buy to let market, I have decided to manage the property myself and cancelled the service.

The managing agents have said that the terms and conditions of the management contract state that I have to pay the commission of the remaining time left on the tenancy agreement (they’ve just signed a new 12 month agreement).

Since I did not ask for the original agreement (as it was signed before I owned the house) and I have not signed a new management agreement, nor did I have sight of the terms & conditions before hand, am I legally bound by the terms & conditions e.g can they enforce the 12 months commission against me, even though I didn’t sign the contract? And the contract was taken out by the previous house owner (despite that person being my partner).

Thanks
Dave
08/04/2016 14:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband