Giving notiice when tenant behind on six monthly payments

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Giving notiice when tenant behind on six monthly payments
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
I
Ian G
10 Posts
0 Thanks
We have an international student as a tenant who signed a 12 month on 24 August with payment every six months. He returned to China in January and after some discussion on line we agreed to accept payment for the next six months (six months were due by contract on 20 Feb) in two payments of three months at a time. The first payment has been received and the second was promised by mid April. He said he would be back in the flat at the end of March but he has not appeared and we cannot get any response from him despite trying for over two weeks. He has broken the contract by keeping a cat in the flat (not there now thankfully but how cat smells linger). If he does not pay by revised deadline what is the earliest I get get him out of the flat? In effect he has paid up to 23 May 2016 but I am beginning to think he's just not coming back at all. When can I issue a notice to quit and on what date would it expire?
11/04/2016 13:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband