Section 21 - Form 6a

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 - Form 6a
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
PJ
240 Posts
64 Thanks
Hi Colleagues, we have a tenant who's 6 months AST expires 31/07/16 Sunday.
[ 1st Aug Bank Holiday Monday.]
The tenant a married EU couple were in the flat when purchased, new AST started 1st Feb 2016.
If I understand correctly, you cannot give notice in the first 4 months, hence if we serve notice - deliver by hand 3rd June, this gives 2 months notice expires on 4th August, is this correct ? Thank you.

Completion Notes below ...
2) Insert the date on which you require the tenant to leave. This will normally be two months
plus a business day if hand delivering or two extra for service if posting. For example, a
notice served to the property on 3rd March 2016 should expire on the 4th or 5th May 2016.

#############################################################################################
Fully managed, why would they inform me to serve notice asap or before the first 4 months ?

We do need to ensure the EPC, ( no Gas ), How to rent, Deposit protection info, all passed onto tenants as start of tenancy, I hope so.

11/04/2016 20:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions