Bi-annual increase in rent of sitting tenant

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Bi-annual increase in rent of sitting tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nijjhar
151 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi,

I employed a letting agent who made an application for review of rent of my sitting tenant. The old rent was 54.50 per week and my letting made an application on 08/08/2014 for increase to 64.50 for a two bedroom terrace house with bathroom and toilet upstairs and two room and kitchen down stairs. Council will give up to 420.00 a month for such a house and I feel that my letting agent didn't ask for fair rent matching the current rents of similar properties.

This Agent seems to have favoured my tenant at my expense. I pay the agent 10% + VAT.

My property address is in Bickershaw, near Wigan WN2 4AB. Could someone help me how to find fair rents in the area or what the other landlords are getting on similar properties or a website where I can find all this information please?

I have spent over 5000 this year on this property as there was a fire in the kitchen and putting a new immersion heater. My tenant has an old back fire boilet that uses coal but being a miner, he gets cheap coal. This back fire burner boiler is leaking and the tenant is asking me to get it replaced. I asked around. None does the job to replace it. Am I under obligation to replace it or not? My tenant benefits from it getting cheap hot water.

What is the address of the office of the fair rent in Manchester area please?

There used to be one in Wigan and it has been closed down.
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
14/04/2016 15:48

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband