Join the Residential Landlords Association

Check out inventory

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Check out inventory
Ramses
Ramses
18 Posts
0 Thanks

I rented my newly decorated flat for one year to a tenant. Five months later he broke the contract saying he got an employment in South Africa and he has to leave the country within 14 days. Because of the shortage of time, he and me agreed that the check out will be done the next day after he has left the flat as he claimed that a cleaning company will clean the flat the same day he was travelling.

When I collected the set of keys which he left at the reception of the security office of the block, I found out that one key is missing. During the five month rental he lost the keys to the flat and a security company supplied him with extra set of keys (5) keys. He left only 4 keys behind.
When I got to the flat I realised that there were missing items, broken items, damaged wall paint (which was freshly painted when he moved in), tarnished Burlington mixer tap, stained duvet, replacing the 100% Egyptian cotton new sheets with cheap poleyster ones, stained carpets and stained settee (which was new 5 months ago).

I commissioned an inventory company to do a check out inventory. Their photos were of poor quality and the photos did not have a date on them. I took high quality shots myself.

What should be my next move now?

08/02/2020 05:27

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions