1 Tenant Moves Out Arrears Start

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 1 Tenant Moves Out Arrears Start
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Chris
16 Posts
0 Thanks
I had a young couple in one of my properties and they have decided to split up and he has moved out. Now she remains and wants to move out into a council house. She is apparently speaking with the council and has applied for housing benefit. Therefore I have not recieved payment for the last three months as she claims the housing benefit will come straight to me once sorted.I have not given her a new tenancy agreement and I have issued a section 8 rent arrears but only in her name as she is the only one currently residing in the property. I wondered if the section 8 should be in the name of both the tenants because apparently if I pursue her in the courts the paperwork has to be perfect.The tenancy agreement is still in both names.Do I need to find the other tenant to tell him he's still liable for the rent? Thanks
26/04/2016 12:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband