Join the Residential Landlords Association

ADVICE PLEASE - Tenant asking me to write a letter for an ex boyfriend so he can get his VISA?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion ADVICE PLEASE - Tenant asking me to write a letter for an ex boyfriend so he can get his VISA?
bilabonic
bilabonic
47 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi All

I have a great tenant who has been with me over 6 years, she is NO trouble whatsoever and has never missed a payment, she has great family support and the property is very well maintained.

She is single (has been for over 2 years) but has two kids and one is from abroad and wants to visit/VISA to see his child he has never met and stay with her for 'few months'.

I have replied i need to look into the legalities of this before i do anything, hence me posting here.

This is the message i have received from said tenant-

'I was just wondering if you could do me a big favour? You have always said you there for me to talk to or ur need anything dont mind it ask... My youngest daughters father is wanting to come and visit her for a few months as he has never met her and for him to get a visitors visa he needs an invitation from me but for me to confirm he can stay with me for the few months I need a letter from you to say you are allowing him to stay at the property for literally a few months is this okay let me now?'

Where do i stand on this, i KNOW it is genuine as i met the father.

I am willing to help her in anyway.

How should i proceed in this situation?

The property has no mortgage.

Regards

12/02/2020 18:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions