Join the Residential Landlords Association

Court order expired yesterday

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Court order expired yesterday
Pui
Pui
37 Posts
2 Thanks

I have an order of possession (under s8) that expired yesterday, and was told to go there and check if tenants were still there. My husband went there this morning trying to find out, but no one answered the door. So he tried to use the key but didn't work, so he knocked more. Suddenly tenants opened the door. They said to my husband that it is cold outside and asked my husband to go in. But as soon as my husband walked in, they locked the door and said my husband was harrassing them, and didn't let my husband go and said they would call the police. My husband was standing at the entrance hall the whole time, but then had to force his way to open the door and left.

Seems like the tenants are planning something. Can anyone advise if I am in potential trouble?

13/02/2020 07:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions