Join the Residential Landlords Association

HMO PLANNING NIGHTMARE

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion HMO PLANNING NIGHTMARE
Mccabeproperties
Mccabeproperties
3 Posts
0 Thanks

I own two HMO's in the Dudley area west midlands . one is 8 bed and the other 9 bed plus a self contained flat adjoined both very similar in design . when the new regs came out for licencing we promptly applied . the first one when straight through no issues. the 9 bed however has turned out to be a real nightmare. upon assessment by the council it seemed we hadn't got appropriate planning for the property (been up and running about 6 years ).... the enforcement officer has come back and told me i need to pay £460 for each bedsit?studio x 9 and £460 for the adjoined flat........ because???......following her visit she has deem each bedsit to be self contained . let me explain.... each bedsit is en suite and there is a food preparation area basically a worktop with a cupboard for your cornflakes . there is no hobs or running water at these stations . each tenant should they wish to do laundry or cook a meal they need to use the cookers x 2 or washing machines x 2 in the main kitchen .they all share one central heating system and electricity from one meter. I pay rates for one property it has one address......I have done research on the problem SUI GENERIS permitted development etc . how can they be self contained??.... its a ridiculous situation and the officer is not for budging.how can she arrive at this decision? is it at there own discretion ?( what guidelines is she following )

any help and advice will be very much appreciated

14/02/2020 12:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions