My Rights ?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy My Rights ?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
7 Posts
1 Thanks
I have a property where the tenant has not paid rent for 3 months. I issued a section 21 and a section 8. The section 21 gave notice that I wanted the house back on 19th January 2008 (last day of tenancy agreement). They have not contacted me and on visiting last week their furniture was still there.

I've had a call today from someone interested in renting the property. She was given my number by the current tenants who she approached when she saw them "moving out" of the house today. They informed her they were leaving and that she should contact me with a view to renting it.

I'm now unsure as to what my legal position is. Can I simply take it as read that they have left and change the locks or do I need to do something extra ? The house phone is cut off and the mobile I had for them was cut off months ago, so I am unable to contact them direct.

I had also today posted the court papers to have the tenants evicted under section 8.

21/02/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband