When to give "How to rent guide" when AST expires and becomes a periodic trennancy

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion When to give "How to rent guide" when AST expires and becomes a periodic trennancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
New
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello

1) I would be grateful if anyone can explain when do we need to give "How to rent guide" to existing tenants when their existing AST expires and becomes a periodic trenancy? The tenanats were on a 6 month AST from 28/11/2015 which is due to expire on the 27th May 2016 - at which point i.e. on 28th May 2016, the tenancy will become periodic tenancay. Do we give the latest how to rent guide before the periodic tenancy begins (i.e. on the 27th of May 2016 or on the first day of the periodic tenancy (i.e. on the 28th of May 2016)?

2) Also, the deposit at the start (28/11/2015)of the AST was protected using RLA's TDS. Do I need to do anything now in regards to the deposit - given the AST is expiring and becoming a periodic tenancy on the 28th of May 2016?

3) Is there any thing else that I need to do when AST expires and becomes periodic tennancy?

4) Is the latest "how to rent guide" the Feb 2016 version?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Regards.
YA.
09/05/2016 20:04

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband