Join the Residential Landlords Association

Section 21

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
brokers3
brokers3
7 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi

I understand one cannot serve a Section 21, if they received written maintenance issue. However, what actually constitute a maintenance issue?

Recently, I replaced a fridge freezer unit within a property with a new freestanding unit. The old unit was an integrated one. However, i advised the tenant that I could not find an integrated unit and replaced it with a new freestanding unit, which now sat in the same place as where the integrated unit used to be located.

According to the tenant this need to be fitted but from my perspective it was more aesthetics rather than usability.

I was going to serve a Section 21 sometime in the future towards summer for the purpose of selling this property.

I am unsure if this constitute a written disrepair correspondence from the tenant, considering I replaced a non working unit with a working unit. The only work not carried out was the installation of the kitchen doors to integrate the unit, only because one such unit could not be found.

i look forward to any comments, thanks

24/02/2020 15:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions