DPS awarded £150 deposit to tenants from HELL

You are here : Member Forums Other DPS awarded £150 deposit to tenants from HELL
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Therese
6 Posts
4 Thanks
Tenants from hell left one of my properties in January. I suffered lies, harassment, verbal abuse and filth. I wanted to retain 150 deposit to clean bearing in mind I incurred at least 600 cost + a stomach ulcer and shingles - I learn today the deposit was awarded to the tenants. Landlords beware the DPS is NOT impartial - they are there to protect the tenant's deposit - DPS does not care that we have been ill treated or that tenants have left a mess - even with photographic evidence tenants will win and in turn that will sure give them carte blanche to be even more abusive to other landlords. As an aside only give 6 months tenancy because you recognise a bad tenant from the beginning and if he has 1 year contract you have to put up with the aggravation for all that time. Having said that I would say 90% of tenants are good, they respect the place and their landlord but you still have 10% who are scumbags.
This member has been thanked by 4 members for this post.
11/05/2016 17:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband