Join the Residential Landlords Association

Tenant requests surrender - should I do an inventory c/o c/I for replacement tenant

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant requests surrender - should I do an inventory c/o c/I for replacement tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
londonletting
londonletting
19 Posts
2 Thanks

I have two tenants in a flat on an AST which commenced in January this year. A month and a half into the tenancy one of them wants to depart and be released from the tenancy. She offered to find a replacement. The other tenant will stay on.

I have told her she will pay costs which include the new tenantís reference, an admin fee for the surrender and new tenancy agreement (which I know can not be more than £50), and also the cost of an inventory check-out and new check-in. I use an independent inventory clerk.

They are fussing about the inventory charge and also bothered by the fact that they would need to clean the flat professionally in order for it to be in the same condition as at check-in in January. The windows and carpets were cleaned for the January check-in.

So I am wondering if it is really necessary to do an inventory check-in and check out, given that the previous was done only a month and a half ago - probably 2 months when the new tenant actually moves in. Could the new tenant accept the inventory check-in from January? Do you foresee any problems for me down the line if I donít do a complete new check in and check out?

It really is a giant waste of time.

25/02/2020 17:34

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions