Councils are lying to Tenants being evicted - be warned

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Councils are lying to Tenants being evicted - be warned
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
elbowe
2,431 Posts
500 Thanks
I evicted(S21 & Court form + 280) somebody today, with the standard court bailiff (110 for warrant).

Bailiff, nice guy, arrived on time. Tenant handed me the keys and asked bailiff for letter.

Bailiff informed tenant that there is no additional letter other than the one that is the warrant received in the post, stating Bailiff would attend today, he game him a copy.

Tenant visited the council offices and the they told him he will NOT be getting any help at all. He's 42 and now homeless. This after being fobbed off that he would get help but had to wait to be evicted by a Bailiff.

Now to the interesting part :

The Bailiff explained that he's doing three times as many evictions of this nature, as he was this time last year, and, that the councils are telling complete lies to tenants to ensure they leave the buildings quietly when they go to get help at "possession order" time.

He said that in his opinion it has now got to the point that the councils no longer have anything to offer and are just going around in circles.

His last comment was that 3 in every 4 evictions he does now are foreign nationals, with little or no command of the English language.

It was one of the most interesting discussions I have ever had.

It just shows you what state our housing is currently in.

It just goes to prove even more to me that councils are full of &*&^ and should at least start to be honest about the lack of housing.
20/05/2016 14:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband